Booster

You have good ideas how to improve LibXenon? Let us know!
Meluxe

Booster

Post by Meluxe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:25 pm

...brainstorming....we need a.... booster... to bring to all those JTagers on the track of xell an libxenon....  something usefull....something everybody needs and waits for... something which only runs via xell... something enjoyable... reminding good old times....brainstorming....
Last edited by Meluxe on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

tuxuser
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Booster

Post by tuxuser » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:35 pm

We are on it :P :P :P If you come up with specific ideas.. just say something :D :D :D
Last edited by tuxuser on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea what I am doing but atleast I am trying

loki
User
User

Post by loki » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm sure lot of people are waiting for a good Media center. Maybe a quick booting linux distro or a libxenon based app.
Last edited by loki on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

UNIX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by UNIX » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 am

What about a web browser? May be a bit too complicated, but it sure would be cool.
Moderator, LibXenon programmer, Java programmer.

Need help with something? Just ask! Before making a new thread please use the search function :)

Be sure to join us in IRC!
EFNET/#libxenon

Meluxe

Post by Meluxe » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:05 am

A web browser is already in Ubuntu, soo.... ^^
I thought about something like a (the!) N64 emulator, but that`s just brainstorming, i really appreciate your work and don`t want to hound anyone ! ;)

I have seen another idea on the PSP (for instance PSPdisp 0.6) which could make using Ubuntu via controller more comfortable. Its a way to input letters and numbers instead of using a unhandy keyboard.

so here we go:

Just by using the two thumbsticks one can choose any letter.
I the example below the left stick is pushed and hold to the up-left corner, seen by the dark red border. To choose one letter of those fours one use the right stick. I this case it is pushed to the left, so the "a" is picked, seen by the pink filling. To execute the choice one could confirm by pressing LB or so.
Another example: To choose the "!" one first trigger the right stick to the array up-left (since it is on the right side, up-left) an choose out of them the "!" by using the left stick (the free one) and pressing it to the right.

Simple sketch: Image

It is a little bit confusing in the beginning but with the time one could write quite fast, without the need to attach the PCs keyboard or buy a new one. The biggest quest in this will be (in my very limited mind...) a proper integration into Linux and the way how to let the interface pop up (always running process? ). Goals would be typing in brews (i.e. names and chat ) which are intended to be used with the controller instead of a keyboard.
I am even to incapable to try that out, but what do you think about that?

PS: thanks for reading. Posted it on 360hacks.de a while ago too

Edit: the Keyboard i am talking about is called "danzeff keyboard" and coded by Danzel. Might be open and free scource. I`ll figure that out and take a lock at the code
Last edited by Meluxe on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic-NKT

Post by Sonic-NKT » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:31 pm

A Great BOOSTER imo would be a special linux distro that is controllable by the normal controller only. Its has a nice interface, best for viewing from the sofa <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> and has some basic apps available (Webbrowser, Media Player, IRC, IM, basic games?)
This as a live distro, which may saves content on the 360 HDD in a special file so that the filesystem is untouched and you dont have to switch HDDs.
Last edited by Sonic-NKT on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cancerous1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Cancerous1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:17 pm

[quote="Sonic-NKT"]A Great BOOSTER imo would be a special linux distro that is controllable by the normal controller only. Its has a nice interface, best for viewing from the sofa <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> and has some basic apps available (Webbrowser, Media Player, IRC, IM, basic games?)
This as a live distro, which may saves content on the 360 HDD in a special file so that the filesystem is untouched and you dont have to switch HDDs.[/quote]

here-here controlling mouse with the joystick + an on screen keyboard pre-installed would be prime, or if we could support the chatpad?

about saving content, usb is available, idk if we've touched fatx support yet.
Last edited by Cancerous1 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doerek

Post by Doerek » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:08 am

Hello everybody,

Really nice Libxenon finally gets its own Homepage.  <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

On Topic:
I would like to see a Linux Version of the most common used XBOX360 PC-Toolz like:
-Le fluffie App
-Quickboot
-Yarisswap
-Modio

Codeword: WINE?
(Perhaps a Noob-fiendly written Tut would do the Job)

Purpose:
So people can access, edit and mod they Gamertag/Profile directly on they JTAG-Box without transfering everything to the Desktop-PC.

(Soory for my bad english, I'm German)

greetz
Doerek
Last edited by Doerek on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gene

Post by Gene » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:08 am

Sorry but Wine isn't an option because Wine doesn't emulate x86 commands.
To be more accurate, Wine is a compatability layer that translates windows commands to linux ones.
Last edited by Gene on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doerek

Post by Doerek » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Ok, thanks for this info.

besides this....
I belive the reason why not every Jtag owner (out there) starts messing with Linux is the lack of USB support during the installation process.
If there were a Linux version wich i could install on an external HDD (and boot with Xellous) i would have already done it, just like many others i think.
This would drive many more People to the Forums even without 2D/3D Acceleration and Sound support.

Just my 2 Cents.

(I know my english is bad, really bad)  ;)
Last edited by Doerek on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

sjuut
User
User

Post by sjuut » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:21 pm

What about trying to use Kinect for mouse cursor support in Linux, or virtual keyboard (minority report style), imho that would be a huge boost!

Sonic-NKT

Post by Sonic-NKT » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:21 pm

I guess the best booster for Linux would be a stable version with sound that runs from nand/HDD along standard dash first.
For libxenon it would be first or updated releases, i hope the n64 emu will see a release soon, i would also love to see a updated SNES emu, since the XDK one is "crap", lacks support for many features and i doubt it will ever get updated.

Doerek

Post by Doerek » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:44 pm

What about adding a little menu to Xell-Reloaded in which you can select Option 1-3...
basically the Option tells Xell-Reloaded in which folder it should look for an *.ELF File..

Option [1] "usb:\01\"
Option [2] "usb:\02\"
Option [3] "usb:\03\" 

...so we can store/try more *.ELF file without changing CD/DVDs every time...

peet8989

Post by peet8989 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:19 pm

the team arround gligli just delivered a nice booster :P

Twisted Impulse

Post by Twisted Impulse » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Disregard what I wrote before, just found that it already exists XD

A simpler installation process and the ability to install on the same hard drive, along side the FATX partitions would be amazing.

Anyway, keep up the great work guys, thanks again!
Last edited by Twisted Impulse on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.