Cygnos

For funny and misc stuff
UNIX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Cygnos

Post by UNIX » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:52 am

Just wondering if anyone has a Cygnos v2 chip, and if it's worth the money. Having two NAND chips seems like it would have a lot of cool possibilities. I know you can't have both chips be homebrew kernels? Can you have just XeLL on one kernel, and FreeeBOOT on the mainboard? Just seems really cool to me ^^ I know they're a pain to install, but if the pro's outweigh the cons I may get one ^^

If anyone has any info, please feel free to let me know if the Cygnos v2 chip is worth it :)
Moderator, LibXenon programmer, Java programmer.

Need help with something? Just ask! Before making a new thread please use the search function :)

Be sure to join us in IRC!
EFNET/#libxenon

tuxuser
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cygnos

Post by tuxuser » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 am

[quote="UNIX"]
I know you can't have both chips be homebrew kernels?
[/quote]
You can have 2 homebrew kernels :P

[quote="UNIX"]
Can you have just XeLL on one kernel, and FreeeBOOT on the mainboard?
[/quote]
yes

[quote="UNIX"]
If anyone has any info, please feel free to let me know if the Cygnos v2 chip is worth it :)
[/quote]
You need revision E iirc. This is the version with Dual NAND! Revision F has no second NAND anymore. Not sure about the revision so you want to verify that before you buy the chip!
I have no idea what I am doing but atleast I am trying

UNIX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cygnos

Post by UNIX » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks tux, wasn't sure on the specifics of the chip :P Thanks for the info. I am considering getting a dual NAND revision so that I will always have a working NAND and a NAND that I can experiment and test with. Specifically when we start working to put Linux on the NAND ;)
Moderator, LibXenon programmer, Java programmer.

Need help with something? Just ask! Before making a new thread please use the search function :)

Be sure to join us in IRC!
EFNET/#libxenon