PCSXR-Xenon v0.62 by Ced2911 - Update 18/03/12

LibXenon Homebrew, XeLL etc.
Ced2911
Team
Team

Re: PCSXR-Xenon v0.62 by Ced2911 - Update 18/03/12

Post by Ced2911 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 pm

i've been working a few more on the ff9 bug, now it's reboot (sony logo + Playstation logo) after squaresoft screen

barnhilltrckn

Post by barnhilltrckn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Cool deal ced, its good to hear that you are working on this much more now. Btw what else is needed to achieve fullspeed in games like FF7 and FF9?? It seems like it should have enough power to pull it off considering how gligli's port of mupen64 run. I could be wrong but they both seem to require about the same specs to get full speed.

I havent checked out pcsx on the pc lately but from what I read on zophar.net pcsxr is supposed to be just about as good as pSX or epsxe. pSX emulator has always been my choice for the pc but sadly it is closed source. I think its sad to keep it that way considering how many things it could be ported too. Epsxe is also closed source, I wonder why they have both been kept that way. I guess I can check pcsxr out on the pc tonight to see how good it may get on the 360. I have no doubt that ced will get it up to par with the pc version though.

barnhilltrckn

Post by barnhilltrckn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Ok sorry to double post but anywhoooo. What cdplugin are you using for pcsxr-xenon ced???? I only ask because I just downloaded and tested pcsxr-reloaded(thats what you are using correct??) to play ff9 on it and it loaded just fine with the cd in the drive, by just iso, and by using dameon tools to mount the iso. I didnt have any problems at all so do you think it could just be the plugin you are using?? It came with sapu's 1.3 I believe so if that is not the cd plugin you are using it might be worth a shot to try that one out to see if it does any better.

I am sure that there is something else going on that is causing it not to work but I figured I would let you know about it so you could look into it. Also btw pcsr has come a long way since I last looked at it, atleast the reloaded version is. It is right on par with the 2 emulators I mentioned my last post so if you do end up getting all the bugs worked out this will end up being a great port. I for one will be supporting you any way I can with your progress and I am sure that many others here will do the same. I'm getting kinda exited to see where this goes now. :P

Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:00 am

[quote="barnhilltrckn"]
Oh ok I see what is going on..........atleast I think so :P. It seems as you may have figured it out with your edit though.
[/quote]
I thought so to, I updated the auto build script to pull from tuxusers github repo(rather then the out dated sourceforge repo) and everything built fin on the libxenon,toolchain and libs end undoubtedly, but I ran in to the same problem all over again. :s

barnhilltrckn

Post by barnhilltrckn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:42 am

[quote="Xplorer4x4"]
[quote="barnhilltrckn"]
Oh ok I see what is going on..........atleast I think so :P. It seems as you may have figured it out with your edit though.
[/quote]
I thought so to, I updated the auto build script to pull from tuxusers github repo(rather then the out dated sourceforge repo) and everything built fin on the libxenon,toolchain and libs end undoubtedly, but I ran in to the same problem all over again. :s
[/quote]

Ok well that sucks. UUhmmm how about trying this: Open up a terminal, become su, and then:

Code: Select all

apt-get install libmpc-dev
Then try again to setup everything again. Also make sure you are su when you are building libxenon.

Ced2911
Team
Team

Post by Ced2911 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:12 am

it's the default pcsx reloaded plugins, btw pcsx reloaded core isn't "big endian" compatible now ...
about ff7 fullspeed use cdrcimg. with cdrcimg i got fullspeed in ALL game i tried

barnhilltrckn

Post by barnhilltrckn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 pm

[quote="Ced2911"]
it's the default pcsx reloaded plugins, btw pcsx reloaded core isn't "big endian" compatible now ...
about ff7 fullspeed use cdrcimg. with cdrcimg i got fullspeed in ALL game i tried
[/quote]

Ok well I am probly going to get laughed at but what is cdrcimg????? I have been googling for an hour now and I cant find out what it is. I have looked through magiciso, iso buster, and all the other iso tools I have but I dont know what you mean by compressing the image with cdrcimg. Could someone please explain a bit?? ???

shaggshroom

Post by shaggshroom » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:41 pm

i am in the same boat.. been searching.. only thing comes up is a post from a diff site, sayin just to rename it.. or google brings up stuff for CD-r King..

chunkz

Post by chunkz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:01 pm

you rename the file extension. when you get the game you will have an extension on it most likely .img / .bin / or .iso you then right click to edit name move cursor to extension and name the above said extesions to .cdrcimg. If you cannot edit the file extension you must go into your computer settings and make it so you can.

barnhilltrckn

Post by barnhilltrckn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:34 pm

[quote="chunkz"]
you rename the file extension. when you get the game you will have an extension on it most likely .img / .bin / or .iso you then right click to edit name move cursor to extension and name the above said extesions to .cdrcimg. If you cannot edit the file extension you must go into your computer settings and make it so you can.
[/quote]

Well I just tryed that and it made no differences at all. Most of ff7 is really fullspeed but it has major slowdowns while running around the worldmap. I have tryed to use the sw gpu plugin and it seems to do a much better job imo but it plays way to fast, almost like the frame limit is turned off. It even shows all the effects while going into a battle too.

Also I dont see how renaming the extension will compress the image. All that is doing is putting a different name on it, its still the same size which means it isnt compressed. I must be missing something.
Last edited by barnhilltrckn on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jayboy86

Post by jayboy86 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:38 pm

where can i get cdrcimg, i cant find it at all

thx

shaggshroom

Post by shaggshroom » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:55 pm

[quote="barnhilltrckn"]
[quote="chunkz"]
[/quote]

Well I just tryed that and it made no differences at all. Most of ff7 is really fullspeed but it has major slowdowns while running around the worldmap. I have tryed to use the sw gpu plugin and it seems to do a much better job imo but it plays way to fast, almost like the frame limit is turned off. It even shows all the effects while going into a battle too.

Also I dont see how renaming the extension will compress the image. All that is doing is putting a different name on it, its still the same size which means it isnt compressed. I must be missing something.
[/quote]

if u use the SW plugin, set cpu to interp instead of dynamic.. i was using all sorts of differant settings tryin to get 3xtreme to work.. so far settings i have found to be best are SW plug, Interp cpu, xa decoding on, and cd audio off(fixes chops in audio, atleast for iso's), along with the rest off, SPU all options enabled, GPU Framlimit on, hi-res none, GTE accuracy ON.. also i dont know if anyone else notices.. but there is 2 stretched options.. dunno if its repeated code in source or?? there is no VISUAL differenct between the 2 options, and during gameplay i havent noticed anything.. but with those options i have gotten 2xtreme, 3xtreme, twisted metal 2 to work without slowdowns, minus 3xtreme's menu is slow reguardless.. and yes JUST renaming does increase speed.. dunno how or why.. but im pretty sure there is an actual conversion supposed to happen??

chunkz

Post by chunkz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 pm

I dunno why but renaming it does work for instance my batman forever would not even load as a .iso but when i changed it to .cdrcimg it ran fullspeed with no issues. Im travling right now and cant really send ced my games list right now.  Right now i have 58 games that run great all in .cdrcimg format. And 34 games that dont run or have to many issues to play. I would say thats a good ratio for a beta version

shaggshroom

Post by shaggshroom » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:07 pm

[quote="chunkz"]
I dunno why but renaming it does work for instance my batman forever would not even load as a .iso but when i changed it to .cdrcimg it ran fullspeed with no issues. Im travling right now and cant really send ced my games list right now.  Right now i have 58 games that run great all in .cdrcimg format. And 34 games that dont run or have to many issues to play. I would say thats a good ratio for a beta version
[/quote]

also i just noticed u reviewed twisted metal 4.. on the combatibility page.. and i was wondering did u ever press start to pause it?? once its unpaused gameplay is unplayable..
dont mean to flame.. just dont know if anyone else experiences this..

barnhilltrckn

Post by barnhilltrckn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Well I havent seen any differences what so ever on my side. I was however able to gett ff9 to load with a save I have but as soon as it goes to load a FMV it locks up and gives me a segmentation fault like everyone else.

Hopefully ced can get some more speed out of this port and get the problem with ff9 worked out. Im telling you that if he can this will be a great psx port. I have faith he can pull it off especially considering how much support he is getting from all of us here.