Ubuntu LiveCD 10.10 BETATEST

Unix/Linux related Stuff
doughnut360

Re: Ubuntu LiveCD 10.10 BETATEST

Postby doughnut360 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:29 pm

so like how to install on sda2 device or hdd is my question. haven't been into linux for quite sometime now, and I've just started on the 360 a year with 7.10. would it be possible using the 10.10 livecd on my usb?

tuxuser
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tuxuser » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:16 pm

I have no idea what I am doing but atleast I am trying

doughnut360

Postby doughnut360 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:49 am

@ tuxuser

thanks for the quick response sir, what I was trying to ask was if it's possible to do a full install of it on a spare hdd or possibly on the usb stick. I read of the possibility of persistence, from the post above, but how about on the hdd? so I can tweak more settings, probably change GUI environments (prefer xfce) and the likes. Thanks!

Sonic-NKT

Postby Sonic-NKT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:30 am

The LiveCD has an install Option on the Desktop, but i dont know if it works.

doughnut360

Postby doughnut360 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm

somehow it doesnt. it just stops after the username.pc name selection.

Sonic-NKT

Postby Sonic-NKT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Oh ok, i didnt try it myself, only started it once but quit cause i have no spare USB-HDD/SATA-HDD at the moment and didnt want to wipe my 360 formated disk

Meluxe

Postby Meluxe » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:19 am

Hi there,

i read somewere here that it is working on the install feature, but since it is still a beta there is no real reason to install it. Instead persistance was mentioned.

c ya

sp1kez

Postby sp1kez » Tue May 10, 2011 5:06 pm

does flash work with this on the xbox??

I want ubuntu on my xbox mainly so I can watch flash

xxcrashxx

Postby xxcrashxx » Thu May 12, 2011 7:51 am

great job so far. seen some good vidz online. i seem to be having a problem though, dashlaunch 2.21, falcon retail jtag, component cables(hd on). using dashlaunch xell launch. followed the tuts on here. im getting it to go through the boot process, gets past xell, finishes up with the penguins up top then switches to the next "page" where it starts with the error 0 like 10 times or so. gets past that, but it hangs for 30 sec. after the CD-ROM mount point /cdrom/. next line looks like it says identifying.. [numbers], then a couple lines later it says "please provide a name for this Disc, suck as 'Debian 5.0.3 Disk 1': and just sits there. am i doing something wrong here??

siontx

Postby siontx » Thu May 12, 2011 1:38 pm

For everyone that want to Download and share the LiveCD

Ubuntu LiveCD Torrent
Last edited by siontx on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuxuser
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tuxuser » Thu May 12, 2011 4:47 pm

[quote=""xxcrashxx""] im getting it to go through the boot process, gets past xell, finishes up with the penguins up top then switches to the next "page" where it starts with the error 0 like 10 times or so. gets past that, but it hangs for 30 sec. after the CD-ROM mount point /cdrom/. next line looks like it says identifying.. [numbers], then a couple lines later it says "please provide a name for this Disc, suck as 'Debian 5.0.3 Disk 1': and just sits there. am i doing something wrong here??[/quote]

the "error: stdin 0" lines are normal, the disc-name thing aswell. It seems like the crash is caused by the CPU spinlocking.
Did you try some more boots to see if it happens at the same place always?
I have no idea what I am doing but atleast I am trying

xxcrashxx

Postby xxcrashxx » Fri May 13, 2011 12:00 am

all i have tried so far is the one on the first page on this thread. I was trying this really late last night, kinda screwed up my day today at work trying this... but oh well.... LOL. i think i just might wanna wait till this is out of the beta stages, or even wait till its working more. any word if flash stuff will work on the 360 though?? I would love to be able to run streams and stuff on the 360. the ps3 kinda does it, but some streams for like WWE ppv's have a ad type thing that sometimes screws up on the ps3 and ends up blocking the whole screen.

also, does the linux version of XBMC or VLC work on this?? would be great if it was integrated in a future release, allowing you to play any video clip.

lazarusjx
User
User

Postby lazarusjx » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks for providing us this Ubuntu liveCD for xbox 360, it works for me so far, I'm typing this from my xbox 360, connected to a 32" LCD tv through HDMI . I'm using a USB mouse and a PS/2 keyboard attached to a PS/2-USB converter. Internet is OK but no Flash so I can't watch youtube but it's OK, this is a beta anyway. I hope this liveCD can be refined more and be a LiveDVD :)

BTW, is it really normal that my XBOX360 has 2 orange lights lit while running the LiveCD? ???
Last edited by lazarusjx on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

utar
User
User

Postby utar » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 pm

@lazarusjx - Yes the various different color lights are normal.

@tux - Thanks for putting together this LiveCD.  I still have a really old version of Debian running off the HDD of one of my 360s using the KK hack.  This distribution is a vast improvement!

djblade17

Postby djblade17 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:04 am

working on reset glitch? are any of the releases for linux?
cant find it in forums
Last edited by djblade17 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Linux”