Xbox 360 Reset Glitch Hack - Unsigned Code on current Kernels incl. X360 SLIM

This Forum is ment for posting News related to Homebrew on Xbox 360 or Xbox One (No XDK stuff)
Juggahaxor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Xbox 360 Reset Glitch Hack - Unsigned Code on current Kernels incl. X360 SLIM

Post by Juggahaxor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 pm

[quote="lazarusjx"]
Thanks to GliGli, Tiros and cOs for this new hack, you guys are AWESOME!!!
BTW, why is it not compatible with xenon and falcon boards? is it because of different board layout?
[/quote]

Falcon support is coming, I think GliGli just doesn't have a Falcon to test it on...Xenon will not be supported because of the different hardware.
"Smoke if you got 'em"

JtagMan

Re: Xbox 360 Reset Glitch Hack - Unsigned Code on current Kernels incl. X360 SLIM

Post by JtagMan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Could also be
a "Chipped Xbox"
or "HBE Xbox"(HomeBrew Enabled)

I dont know glitched xbox just sounds like its broken to me. I mean in the scene it would make since but like if you were talking to friends or whatever and told them your xbox was glitched, they would probably think it was broke.

Honestly I dont care what we call them this is a great step forward.

SHiTONLYGERMAN

Post by SHiTONLYGERMAN » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Just a quick question....

Is it possible that MS will patch this glitch on fat consoles with updating the cb?? (e.g cb 6750 was unexploitable because of the CD 8453, like they did it before with the smc hack !)

Yours sincerely.. :)

DARKFiB3R
User
User

Post by DARKFiB3R » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

[quote="SHiTONLYGERMAN"]
Just a quick question....

Is it possible that MS will patch this glitch on fat consoles with updating the cb?? (e.g cb 6750 was unexploitable because of the CD 8453, like they did it before with the smc hack !)

Yours sincerely.. :)
[/quote]
"Now, maybe you haven't realised yet, but CB_A contains no checks on revocation fuses, so it's an unpatchable hack !"

Pretty sure that means no. :)

JtagMan

Post by JtagMan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:50 pm

it looks like cb_a is only used on slims tho. so no confirmation has been given on phats.

GliGli
Team
Team

Post by GliGli » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:58 pm

On fats, you can do the efuse write disable mod (eg removing r6t3 or other techniques).

CB_A can run on fats too so it might very well be possible the slim hack also work on them :)

SHiTONLYGERMAN

Post by SHiTONLYGERMAN » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks for your reply! ;)

So there  is the possibility of fixing this glitch by updating the cb until we can run cb_a on fats?

RAID

Post by RAID » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks for great job.

There is a possibility to obtain the VHDL code to program another device?, And I use Altera Max + PlusII.

Regards, RAID.

Edit: https://github.com/gligli/tools/tree/ma ... chslimnodp
Last edited by RAID on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chriss179

Post by chriss179 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:28 pm

[quote="Juggahaxor"]

...Xenon will not be supported because of the different hardware....
[/quote]

I hope this hack does not end the efforts on opening the xenons for homebrew then... But i think the demand for that will be too little right as there are too many exploitable xbox360's now right? Too bad, i receive tons of xenons for reball/reflow. It would have been alot of fun opening these xboxes for homebrew in the process of repair. the feeling of having repaired an old xbox360 is so so, but the feeling of giving people the ability to run emulators, media centers, and other cool homebrew software is so much more rewarding. Ah well, i can comfort myself with the thought that at least i can hack all other hardware revisions then. At least i can make those people happy.

jsheradin

Post by jsheradin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 am

I wonder if *** works along with freestyle dash and such?

Juggahaxor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Juggahaxor » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 am

[quote="jsheradin"]
I wonder if *** works along with freestyle dash and such?
[/quote]

Not the place for *** talk...legal homebrew only here.

Make sure you read the forum rules before posting again...Thank You!
"Smoke if you got 'em"

superspeed

Post by superspeed » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:57 am

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in finding this method. Will we be able to launch a devmenu?

beegee7730

Post by beegee7730 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:09 am

Man, I can't wait for Falcon support. I have one that I got used for £10 with a dodgy disk drive that I'd love to be able to back up my games on.
So, is Linux on 360 reliable? I know on PS3 it's pretty poor.
Last edited by beegee7730 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cancerous1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Cancerous1 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:34 am

[quote="chriss179"]
[quote="Juggahaxor"]

...Xenon will not be supported because of the different hardware....
[/quote]

I hope this hack does not end the efforts on opening the xenons for homebrew then... But i think the demand for that will be too little right as there are too many exploitable xbox360's now right? Too bad, i receive tons of xenons for reball/reflow. It would have been alot of fun opening these xboxes for homebrew in the process of repair. the feeling of having repaired an old xbox360 is so so, but the feeling of giving people the ability to run emulators, media centers, and other cool homebrew software is so much more rewarding. Ah well, i can comfort myself with the thought that at least i can hack all other hardware revisions then. At least i can make those people happy.
[/quote]

Yes it is, writing homebrew does have a very rewarding feeling.