XeLL Beta Testers needed - Corona Video / eMMC support

This Forum is ment for posting News related to Homebrew on Xbox 360 or Xbox One (No XDK stuff)
peshkohacka
User
User

Re: XeLL Beta Testers needed - Corona Video / eMMC support

Postby peshkohacka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:37 pm

I have a disconnected DVD drive (i.e. the drive is not connected to the motherboard) and Xell spills hundreds of "DMA error" lines. I think supressing this lines is best, or at least one line status like "DVD Drive not detected".

Swizzy
Team
Team

Postby Swizzy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:30 am

[quote="peshkohacka"]
I have a disconnected DVD drive (i.e. the drive is not connected to the motherboard) and Xell spills hundreds of "DMA error" lines. I think supressing this lines is best, or at least one line status like "DVD Drive not detected".
[/quote]

What motherboard do you have?

peshkohacka
User
User

Postby peshkohacka » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:46 pm

[quote="Swizzy"]
[/quote]

Trinity. Although my console was without drive for a few years and yet this is the first time i see Xell complaining about DMA errors.

btw i also bridged the tray open/closed, so it always returns "Tray closed" as a status (prevent blinking LED).

Swizzy
Team
Team

Postby Swizzy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:54 pm

[quote="peshkohacka"]
[quote="Swizzy"]
[/quote]

Trinity. Although my console was without drive for a few years and yet this is the first time i see Xell complaining about DMA errors.

btw i also bridged the tray open/closed, so it always returns "Tray closed" as a status (prevent blinking LED).
[/quote]

That's likely the reason for the error, altought i don't know how to fix that since i don't have a console with that type of a mod... why not just disable the blinking in the software instead? ;)

I'll try to find what changed causing this issue tho... not that i have any way of actually testing it (i don't really want to mess with that shit as i do have my DVD drives in place...)
Last edited by Swizzy on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peshkohacka
User
User

Postby peshkohacka » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 pm

This is part of the error log:

* sata dvd init
ATAPI inquiry failed
no ata device connected.
ATA DMA read error

The thing is that 992 never had any problems with my drive status being bridged.

Swizzy
Team
Team

Postby Swizzy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 pm

[quote="peshkohacka"]
This is part of the error log:

* sata dvd init
ATAPI inquiry failed
no ata device connected.
ATA DMA read error

The thing is that 992 never had any problems with my drive status being bridged.
[/quote]

0.992 is the same code for that as 0.993... you must be talking about 0.991 or something... idk...

professor_jonny
User
User

Postby professor_jonny » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:55 am

[quote="Swizzy"]
It's possible yes, could you do me a favor and test it with component in the dash, and if it works there... start it up and grab the startup log using http://*ip*/LOG then post it somewhere like www.pastebin.com (it's going to be quite alot of text) the best is if you can start it using xellLaunch as that'll dump the ana from your console aswell (which the dashboard has set) preferebly you should set the dashboard to 720p before you do so tho as that's the default mode used...
[/quote]

Im not to sure how to obtain a log do i set debugging in dash launch how does that work in xell?
dont i have to get xell to boot and init ETH0 on startup it does not get that far to get a log and we have no write access to the internal hdd under xtaf ?.

but with another set of cables it boots up im guessing the auto switching circuit in the cables does not like the sync signals form under xell?

on a side note I have modified an initrd and dumped it on the internal xtaf formatted hdd to boot a linux distro and I cant get it to load the kboot.conf off sda: it wont find it i just get an endless loop of searching.

I'm guessing there is problems accessing the internal hdd or ?

Swizzy
Team
Team

Postby Swizzy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:10 pm

[quote="professor_jonny"]
[quote="Swizzy"]
It's possible yes, could you do me a favor and test it with component in the dash, and if it works there... start it up and grab the startup log using http://*ip*/LOG then post it somewhere like www.pastebin.com (it's going to be quite alot of text) the best is if you can start it using xellLaunch as that'll dump the ana from your console aswell (which the dashboard has set) preferebly you should set the dashboard to 720p before you do so tho as that's the default mode used...
[/quote]

Im not to sure how to obtain a log do i set debugging in dash launch how does that work in xell?
dont i have to get xell to boot and init ETH0 on startup it does not get that far to get a log and we have no write access to the internal hdd under xtaf ?.

but with another set of cables it boots up im guessing the auto switching circuit in the cables does not like the sync signals form under xell?

on a side note I have modified an initrd and dumped it on the internal xtaf formatted hdd to boot a linux distro and I cant get it to load the kboot.conf off sda: it wont find it i just get an endless loop of searching.

I'm guessing there is problems accessing the internal hdd or ?
[/quote]

That bug is known and i'm working on fixing it, probably an error in the xtaflib

professor_jonny
User
User

Postby professor_jonny » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:31 am

I did notice that looking at the file system from xmplayer and from within the retail side is that there were directorys not listed from the mplayer browser that were in fact on the file system.

I tried to figure out why it was not booting and browsed for my initrd from within xmplayer and the folder where I stored my kernel etc did not show from xmplayer but did from under the retail side so possibly there is some other issuies?.

Return to “News”