[Solved] Ubuntu 11.10 Help

Ask/talk about Linux in here
XenonBliss

[Solved] Ubuntu 11.10 Help

Post by XenonBliss » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:18 am

Ok, so I have installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my xbox 360. I have followed the instructions at http://free60.org/Ubuntu11.10 and it has successfully installed to my xbox's hard drive at /dev/sda2. I am using the latest kernel as posted on that site and my kboot configuration is

linux_hdd="uda:/latest_kern root=/dev/sda2 video=xenonfb panic=60 maxcpus=3 --"

My only issue is that xorg fails to start, at least properly. Everything is extremely pixelated to a point that I do not recognize a desktop.

I have tried "Fix possible xorg fail" instructions and when I type in "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and nothing happens.
I have tried using the standard av cable, component cable and hdmi but no luck..
If you need any logs or anything, you could instruct me how to get them and I will gladly post them. I would love to get this working, any help would be appreciated!!
Last edited by XenonBliss on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

XenonBliss

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 Help

Post by XenonBliss » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:10 am

Ok, I just successfully installed Debian Squeeze onto my Xbox 360, the problem was that there was a 404 error when downloading the xenos_dvr.so and xorg.conf and that threw off the whole install. I probably could have fixed it myself but it's taken care of :)

Now I am installing the LibXenon Toolchain.