If you're a coding idiot...

If you really cant find a matching section for your question -> This is the right place
Entoshade

If you're a coding idiot...

Post by Entoshade » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi all,

I've decided, like the rest of you, to free my Xbox of limitations and turn it into a full-powered media center and BT seeding machine. Sadly, when I read http://free60.org/SMC_Hack, I understand nothing. Isn't there a "NEWBIE'S GUIDE: Step-by-step" or something? :p I see myself as a person who quickly grasps basic understanding of any kind of anyware modding, but seriously, I've tried reading and understanding the last 30 minutes but no dice.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else to put it. Please help me, thanks in advance. :)
Last edited by Entoshade on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cancerous1
Administrator
Administrator

Re: If you're a coding idiot...

Post by Cancerous1 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Im not sure what you're asking for guidance with, if you want to get into the stuff that is the topic of this website, you need a modded 360 that can run you unsigned code, via the SMC hack or the reset glitch hack, there are plenty of tutorials how to do both on the web. If you're curious how to run the software you might find here, once you've modded your 360 that should be self explanatory, but if it's not, I think there are some pointers on the free60 wiki called "getting started with homebrew". One idiot to another, if you're wanting to get started writing software, this stuff isn't much different than writing any software, for your pc for instance, and it would be recommended you familiarize yourself writing some apps for your PC just to at least learn the terminology to be able to ask useful questions when seeking help. But if you get into that, there are samples included with the libxenon toolchain/library and most of the apps made with it are open source so you can look at plenty of examples. But what exactly do you mean by modding, and idiots step by step guide, it's kind of more like a hobby where we make things, and show them to each other and share, than roboticly following some IKEA instructions, unless you just want to try the things other people have made, but that isn't really exactly modding or making anything