IMPORTANT for non-working FAT glitch R1 10K instead of 1K !!!

Tutorials and Guides about the Reset Glitch Hack in general
beremoka

IMPORTANT for non-working FAT glitch R1 10K instead of 1K !!!

Post by beremoka » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 pm

For those that are going nuts trying because everything was done according to the tutorials but the damn thing won't glitch here is a solution:
REPLACE R1 1K with a 10K ....this lowers the voltage to 1.3 V , verified on Jasper and Falcon
Feel free to try it...as the 10K only lowers the voltage, you won' fry a thing...

Matando

Re: IMPORTANT for non-working FAT glitch R1 10K instead of 1K !!!

Post by Matando » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:59 pm

interesting. Now if only somebody could find a fix to having pulled the POST_OUT1 pad (FT6U7) I wouldnt have a broken jasper laying around.

lol the thing flashes to bottom red lights at me (player indicator lights 3 and 4)

PDJ

Post by PDJ » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Even better, remove R1 the diodes and all the stuff and connect pin 5 to the internal regulator (1.8V)
I've made a post on another forum about that, the solution about the diodes will result that the CLPD is running out of spec.

I've attached the foto's, this much easier to build an give better results.
Attachments
CMOD-1.jpg
Newglitch48nofullpost.png

seanr28

Post by seanr28 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:56 pm

sorry for being stupid, but where is the 1.8v regulator? and would this help my jasperBB (512mb) glitch quicker, as sometimes it takes several reboots and a fair amount  of time, and sometimes it simply will not glitch at all?

djblade17

Post by djblade17 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Can/should this be applied to matrix
I am having issues with my one falcon
2 of them work perfect One just hangs and goes to red light or once in a while glitches
is this related?

xb0xguru

Post by xb0xguru » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:39 am

Cool - just as an FYI, if your CPLD doesn't have a 1.8v VR output, remember that U5B2 on the motherboard does. You can use this to the same effect.

avomax

Post by avomax » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 pm

How do I get 1.8v. u5b2? How can I link?

Johnny Bravo

Post by Johnny Bravo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:29 pm

I tested this alternate method on a Digilent CMod. It works great with a Falcon V2 .
No need for Diodes, Resistor or Capacitor, and less soldering ;)

@avomax

On your Picture it is the broad left solder joint of U5B2. Easily to find if you use a Multimeter.

xb0xguru

Post by xb0xguru » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Ok - after running various tests, these are things to try if your fat console won't glitch and you've already tried the above wiring:

1. put a 680pF Capacitor between CPU_PLL_BYPASS and GND (CPLD->22k Resistor->Cap (other end to GND)->Console).
2. This is literally something I worked out about 10 mins ago with a BB Jasper which was really erratic: Put a 470pF cap in line to CPU_RST. I have it CPLD->Cap-> wire -> console).

Before I did #2, the Jasper was really erratic. Now, it's booting within 5 secs EVERY TIME.

EDIT: Updated the new pic to include the changes. See attached.
EDIT #2: You can swap C2 for a 680pF also. It seems to work just as well.
Attachments
Newglitch48nofullpostV3.png
Last edited by xb0xguru on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avomax

Post by avomax » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:13 pm

[quote="Johnny Bravo"]
@avomax

On your Picture it is the broad left solder joint of U5B2. Easily to find if you use a Multimeter.
[/quote]

Thank you.

derlucifer

Post by derlucifer » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi everyone!

I only want to pay my tribute to xb0xguru for his solution to the erratic Jasper problems!
I've tried over 2 weeks by now on an Jasper that Glitched only from time to time (3-15min).
Then i've tried the last postet wiring from xb0xguru. Now my Jasper glitches in max. 10sec!!!

THANK YOU!

seanr28

Post by seanr28 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Just to share, I have just sorted out my 512b jasper that would not glitch, now booting in 4 seconds max, and xell immediatley and thats every time without fail!

I ended up using a 0.068uF Cap by pure fluke on the PLL_Bypass to Gnd

Mojjio

Post by Mojjio » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:14 pm

i just sorted out a Jasper 16MB that would not boot,
by using a 22k0hm 1% Resistor instead of an 5%.
used awg28 (from an old ide/ata 33 cable) to wire it all up.
with cmod chip. + upper r2 pad to lower r1 pad (same as on the slims aka internal 1.8V regulator)

EdsonDario

Post by EdsonDario » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:17 am

[quote="xb0xguru"]
Ok - after running various tests, these are things to try if your fat console won't glitch and you've already tried the above wiring:

1. put a 680pF Capacitor between CPU_PLL_BYPASS and GND (CPLD->22k Resistor->Cap (other end to GND)->Console).
2. This is literally something I worked out about 10 mins ago with a BB Jasper which was really erratic: Put a 470pF cap in line to CPU_RST. I have it CPLD->Cap-> wire -> console).

Before I did #2, the Jasper was really erratic. Now, it's booting within 5 secs EVERY TIME.

EDIT: Updated the new pic to include the changes. See attached.
EDIT #2: You can swap C2 for a 680pF also. It seems to work just as well.
[/quote]

Thanks!

It worked here.

Reset Line = 470PF
CPU_PLL_BYPASS = 660pf (+330 pf 330PF)

Boot is within about 1 minute. For me it is good because I just wanted to dvd key.