GUIDE: Libxenon development on OSX

Tutorials and Guides about LibXenon / Toolchain / Libraries
Diggs

GUIDE: Libxenon development on OSX

Post by Diggs » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:51 am

This is a work in progress as I haven't successfully done this yet but will update as I go.

This was tested on OSX Lion 10.7 running on a late 2010 Macbook Pro 13".

1. make sure OS X is fully up to date and that you have XCode 4.1 or greater installed.

2. Download and install the latest version of Macports from: http://www.macports.org/install.php - At the time of writing this the latest version is 2.0.3.

3. From terminal: sudo port install mpfr gmp git-core wget libmpc gsed

4. From terminal: sudo mv /usr/bin/sed /usr/bin/darwinsed

5. From terminal: sudo ln -s /opt/local/bin/gsed /usr/bin/sed

6. From terminal: sudo mkdir /usr/local/xenon; sudo chown -R USERNAME:staff /usr/local/xenon

7. Follow tuxuser's awesome guide from http://libxenon.org//viewtopic.php?t=2 -The only CRITICAL change is that instead of executing "sudo ./build-xenon-toolchain toolchain" you must use "sudo CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 CPP=/usr/bin/cpp-4.2 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.2 LD=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 ./build-xenon-toolchain toolchain".

And more to come as I encounter it. I'm currently running step 7. :)

supatx

Re: GUIDE: Libxenon development on OSX

Post by supatx » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Great idea. Two things: Edit: I remember why I had such a hard time getting stuff installed. The dependencies for SDL (zlib/libpng) would not link correctly. I fixed this by installing the GNU version of libtool.. This probably has some sort of wide reaching effects.... BUT I haven't run in to any yet :)
Last edited by supatx on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhaleonX

Re: GUIDE: Libxenon development on OSX

Post by GhaleonX » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I cannot get the toolchain working properly in osx. A few people from the irc chan (tuxuser, ced2911, juvenal) helped me to get the toolchain working at one point, but it seemed to be buggy and I have not gotten it to rebuild since.

I was using xcode 3.2, but I've just upgrade to 4.2, and macports is installed with everythying mentioned above.

Process fails during gcc 2nd pass.

Code: Select all

error: two or more data types in declaration specifiers

I also noticed some warnings in the log, here's one example (tho it has several occurrences with different files)

Code: Select all

configure: WARNING: sys/sem.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/sem.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/sem.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/sem.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/sem.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

Can either of you lend some insight as to where I may have messed up?