Xenon Homebrew Channel

Tutorials and Guides about LibXenon / Toolchain / Libraries
shortstop

Xenon Homebrew Channel

Post by shortstop » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:39 pm

I started using the libxenon toolchain during the last few days and i am really happy with it !
I just would like to know if there is already a solution similar to the Wii "homebrew channel" features :

1) List the homebrew found on your USB Key
2) Select and launch a homebrew from a menu
3) On Exit function come back to the homebrew channel 
4) Reload the USB Key Content if necessary

I am not waiting for a graphical application, i am just looking for a working solution.

After browsing the forum and google, i was able to solve issues 1 and 2 by using lzxbrowser ( launched from XellLaunch )

My main issues concern now the steps 3 and 4.

For example today, if i launch cube.elf32 from lzxbrowser, i don't know how to stop the program and come back to zlxbrowser ?
If i update the content or an executable on my usb key, i don't know how to reload the content of the key ?

Here follows my current stable installation :

On the Internal HDD :
A) HDD/Application/ : XellLaunch application Directory
B) HDD/Content/ : a shortcut to XellLaunch
C) HDD/ : launch.ini with a direct link for button_Y => HDD/Application/XellLauncher/default.xex

On an external USB Key :
A) USB/ : a file xenon.elf ( = a copy of lzxbrowser.elf32 )
B) USB/ : for each hombrew xxx, an xxx folder with data and executables xxx.elf and xxx.elf32

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by shortstop on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ced2911
Team
Team

Re: Xenon Homebrew Channel

Post by Ced2911 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:03 am

you can make a xell remplacement with zlx

shortstop

Post by shortstop » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 am

Dear Ced2911,

Thank you for your answer.

Since it is the first time i have to update this part by myself i will not replace my xell before understanding what may be the consequences and how to recover the current state. For a few days, i will try and use the function "xenon_smc_power_reboot()" to quit the program if necessary even if i understand that your option is the real solution.

Is it simple to explain us why the call to exit() or return does not work when i launch Xell-Reload by using XellLaunch ?
Is it coded as a return to the caller ( zlx_browser ) or a call to a specific subroutine of Xell-Reload ?
As a consequence, when i start directly the program with the eject button, why the function exit() does not hang but do nothing ?

Remark. I have found another discussion on a similar topic in the help part of the forum.
May i have to move the current topic or make a link to it ?

Best regards.
Last edited by shortstop on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

shortstop

Post by shortstop » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Following your answer, i have flashed my nand with a file including Xell-Reloaded so xell-reloaded is my new xell.
Even if i don't know exactly why, the exit button in zlx-browser allow me now to go back to Xell-Reloaded. Hourra !!

Now i am looking for the best way to debug my program game.elf32 directly from my PC without touching the usb-key and the gamepad.

Question 1 : Is there any starting guide or tutorial for "debugging a libxenon homebrew" that i could read ?
Question 2 : Could we put zlx browser in the nand to replace xell.bin ?
Last edited by shortstop on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.