Postby MagicSeb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 pm

use the elf32

elf is used for debugging purpose.

also don't forget nulldc-360 folder (a description of the content is here

MDashK

Re: NullDC-360 (Dreamcast Emulator) for LibXenon by GliGli

Postby MDashK » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks for the help MagicSeb. =)

I managed to discover myself that only the ELF32 is to be used. The other one didn't even run. XD
Then, it ran, but it would give me the red screen error. Then I noticed someone around here with the same error, and saw that it was those missing files.

I tried again to run the emu, loaded a GDI, no errors, but the screen just remained black... Still trying to figure out what's wrong.
The game I tried was: Sonic Adventure 2 The Trial.

Still have to try a few more.

Update: I was missing the "dc_nvmem.bin" file in the data directory. Already added it. Still haven't tested it. I'm @ work.
BTW: my 360 is using HDMI. Can it affect if the emu runs or not? I can't find anything related to this "black screen".... Maybe it's the same behaviour has this one: "- Shenmue II :  go to black screen and lock console -no red screen-" although the full game works OK for the looks of it...

Also: the files I'm using is from PC version "nullDC_104_r136"

New Update: Ok, I dunno what, but I must have done something wrong...
Just tried with the game "Capcom vs snk 2" and it still gives me the "black screen" error. even the console freezes for the looks of it. But no error is given... Both games to the same thing. Can anyone confirm with me if the newest git update of the emulator is working with any other game?
Also, the CRC32 or MD5 of the ELF32 file would also be usefull, so I can check if my elf executable is compiled OK or not...

Oh, other thing: doubts.
1) The newest git update, to compile it correctly, do I have to update my libxenon with the libxenon from gligli, or does the standard one compiles ok?
2) can anyone who has the emulator in working state inform me of it's folder structure. Just to triple check I'm not missing anything...

Thanks!

NEW UPDATE
OK, so I've waited for someone to help me out here, but in the meantime, I decided to try to grab the "libxenon" from the gligli repository. I didn't really knew how to "update" using the git command (i'm not very good with linux) so I just renamed the libxenon directory to "libxenon_" and made the git clone command.
So after that, just grabbed the nulldc-360 git again, and recompiled using (i hope) the libxenon from gligli.
It compiled OK, lots of warning due to unused variables (again) but no critical errors for the looks of it.
Once again, I'm not really shure if it's compiled OK. Only thing I know is that this new ELF has a different CRC32 than the other one. So I'm gessing that something is different, and hoping that this new ELF was compiled using the libxenon from gligli.

Here are the CRC32's from my files. If anyone can confirm which is the good one, that would be very helpfull. =)

CRC32 from old ELF: 8443ED42
CRC32 from new ELF: 7F2A11FE

UPDATE: Well, I just tried the new ELF; tried loading the same 2 games again. No progress... Seems to be loading, but goes to black screen and stays there...
Can the region of the bios affect in anything? I tried both NTSC USA and PAL EUR bios with the emu, and no luck so far.... =(

Thanks.

Regards to all.
Last edited by MDashK on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDashK

Postby MDashK » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Can anyone around here help me with the previous post?
Been wanting to play Capcom vs SNK 2 for some time now. =)

Also, just posting to see if someone sees the updates, since updating the post doesn't send e-mail to the subscribers nor bumps the thread up... Sorry for double-posting...

Regards!

UPDATE: MagicSeb helped me out by sending me information via PM regarding the contents of the folder nulldc-360.
After a couple of testes, turns out, that not only my ELF must be not good, but also, the CFG file was influentiating the result.

I made tests with both my ELF files (still don't know which one is OK) and tried various CFG files.
In the end, I always get one of these 2 results, regardless of the ELF I use:

1) Either the GDI loads and the screen remains black without sound nor anything.
Or
2) I try to load a GDI but the loading screen doesn't disappear, and the USB pen keeps flashing forever... Like it's loading something VERY BIG. I waited for 5 minutes, didn't stop. Just kept flashing...

So these are my results so far... Really trying to understand what is wrong and WHERE is wrong.
I still think something's wrong with my ELF files. One of them, at least, is compiled incorrectly, if not both.
I followed the PDF tutorial of the site OK, double checked that, so... I really don't know what's wrong here.....
Last edited by MDashK on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDashK

Postby MDashK » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am

Sorry for the double post here... Just giving a "heads-up" for those with the thread subscribed.

Still not being able to run any game. I don't know if anyone around here is having or HAD the same problem as I'm having.
Either something's missing me, or i'm very VERY stupid in Linux and I compiled this thing VERY wrongly. I don't think it's the second case, but who knows...

Anyways, once again, I request: please if anyone can, provide me with the CRC32 value that WinRAR gives you when compressing the ELF. The CRC32 value is the perfect way for me to know if both my ELF files are compiled OK or not. I'm gessing that are BOTH wrong for some reason.

Another thing: if I want to use the LibXenon version of gligli, what do I have to do? Can I simply replace the standard libxenon files with the ones from gligli? WHen I compile the ELF; will those be used? Or do I have to do something else?

Best regards to all and sorry for all the trouble and doule-post thing... =S

SonicKiller
User
User

Postby SonicKiller » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi all,

MDashK, I've got exactly the same problem.
Latest nulldc-360 commit from GliGli repo and latest libxenon toolchain + libs from free60 repo.

No matter which Bios files I try, I always got a black screen.

Tried with Crazy Taxi US and Capcom vs SNK 2 (which is also the only game I want to play ;-) )

Thanks for keeping us updated anyway, i will try to do the same if there's anything new.

MDashK

Postby MDashK » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 am

Hey SonicKiller,

Sorry to hear that you got the same problem has I have... =(
So far, I don't have any new updates on the matter, but if I ever do, I will post them here for you too (and for anyone else that has the same issue).

Thanks for posting your share.

iSynic

Postby iSynic » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm guessing you guys are on Corona boards? We're kinda screwed out of a bunch of these new emulators because  of their dependency on Xell, which has no video out on Corona boards and the devs haven't answered my PMs for weeks now about how progress is coming.

No Mupen64, no NullDC. Some sort of response from somebody would be appreciated.

MDashK

Postby MDashK » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:12 pm

No, my board is a Trinity board.
Xell works OK. All other apps on Xell work 100% for me.

barnhilltrckn

Postby barnhilltrckn » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 pm

[quote="iSynic"]
I'm guessing you guys are on Corona boards? We're kinda screwed out of a bunch of these new emulators because  of their dependency on Xell, which has no video out on Corona boards and the devs haven't answered my PMs for weeks now about how progress is coming.

No Mupen64, no NullDC. Some sort of response from somebody would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Well I have an answer and I am sorry if its not the answer you want but......it will be done when its done. Im sure the reason you havent got an answer is that they are busy. Also it may not be possible?? Im not sure but rest assured the guys here always pull through. Respect the devs ;)

iSynic

Postby iSynic » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:14 am

I absolutely respect the Devs. But I've asked politely on multiple forums with active devs and still haven't gotten a reply. So I apologize if I got a bit snarky, but the last update regarding the Xell/Corona video problems was four months ago.

With all of these exciting homebrew releases that are dependent on Xell, it's becoming higher priority.
Last edited by iSynic on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagicSeb

Postby MagicSeb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 am

[quote="MDashK"]
Sorry for the double post here... Just giving a "heads-up" for those with the thread subscribed.

Still not being able to run any game. I don't know if anyone around here is having or HAD the same problem as I'm having.
Either something's missing me, or i'm very VERY stupid in Linux and I compiled this thing VERY wrongly. I don't think it's the second case, but who knows...

Anyways, once again, I request: please if anyone can, provide me with the CRC32 value that WinRAR gives you when compressing the ELF. The CRC32 value is the perfect way for me to know if both my ELF files are compiled OK or not. I'm gessing that are BOTH wrong for some reason.

Another thing: if I want to use the LibXenon version of gligli, what do I have to do? Can I simply replace the standard libxenon files with the ones from gligli? WHen I compile the ELF; will those be used? Or do I have to do something else?

Best regards to all and sorry for all the trouble and doule-post thing... =S
[/quote]

Hi,

You have to make a separate folder and glitclone the libxenon by gligli. Note : You don't have to recompile the toolchain, just do :

./build-xenon-toolchain libxenon

of course do that for all libs and filesystems (important)

build nulldc-360 with that and it should work.

MDashK

Postby MDashK » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Did that right from the beggining. Didn't work... =(

Thanks for the help though.

MagicSeb

Postby MagicSeb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Do you have dc_bios.bin, dc_boot.bin  dc_flash.bin in nulldc-360\data\ ????

SonicKiller
User
User

Postby SonicKiller » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 pm

(Excuse me all for the delay, I had a lot to do.)

About the motherboard, I've got a Falcon one, so I don't think there's something linked with the S models.

I still have the same problem and I have all the files in nulldc-360/data (from my working demul on pc) but I did not work on it a lot since the last time I've posted...

Anyway, I can maybe help about with your failures : Try with another USB key !

I don't know exactly why but I have one which absolutely doesn't work with with NullDC-360 and it works with any other elf file I've tried with. It gives me the famous red screen. FYI, it has a 360 FatX partition on it and it is a "ID 0781:5408 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer Titanium U3" with the U3 partition removed. When I try with my other noname key I can still launch the emulator, use the main menu then get the black screen when I try to launch a game.

Here's the report guys, thanks for the hard work devs ;-)
Last edited by SonicKiller on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MDashK

Postby MDashK » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Well, I already resolved my problems with the compiling and the emulator, etc.

Right now, it's working OK, tried Sonic Adventure and Capcom vs SNK 2, aside from the slight sound problems, and sporadic red screen, it works OK.

The problem? Bad compile of the ELF.
For some reason was not compiling ok. Managed to get OK with fresh install of everything from the start, including ubuntu.

Return to “Showcase”