Bochs: crosscompile src+libsdlxenon??

You have good ideas how to improve LibXenon? Let us know!
weizenkeim1988

Bochs: crosscompile src+libsdlxenon??

Post by weizenkeim1988 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:37 am

Heyho!

Last night i just got an Idea,
wouldn't it be possible to compile the Bochs PPC Src with libxenon/libsdlxenon to run it through xell
to install a x86 OS on our 360's? Cuz i think it would be much faster than installing Bochs under Linux, and we could have Sound and maybe better gpu usage like Mupen64 for example? Correct me if im wrong, cuz i have not any knowings about C++, compiling, or LibXenon xD... I only got sum Linux Knowings and have managed to Install Debian on my Jtag with self written installscript.
I alredy got the LibXenon Toolchain successfully compiled on my PC (Debian 6.03) What do u all think about it?
It was just an Idea and now i need sum volunteers who knows in Theory or Practise how to Realise such project. And just in case it is Possible and sumone "knows" a concept of how to do it and would describe me how i could compile it, i would try cuz i think i got the proper Pc to do it but i dont know how to use the capabilities... :-P
Please let me know what u think about it....
And sorry for my propably bad english... im from germany hehe^^

greez Weizenkeim

barnhilltrckn

Re: Bochs: crosscompile src+libsdlxenon??

Post by barnhilltrckn » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 pm

[quote="weizenkeim1988"]
Heyho!

Last night i just got an Idea,
wouldn't it be possible to compile the Bochs PPC Src with libxenon/libsdlxenon to run it through xell
to install a x86 OS on our 360's? Cuz i think it would be much faster than installing Bochs under Linux, and we could have Sound and maybe better gpu usage like Mupen64 for example? Correct me if im wrong, cuz i have not any knowings about C++, compiling, or LibXenon xD... I only got sum Linux Knowings and have managed to Install Debian on my Jtag with self written installscript.
I alredy got the LibXenon Toolchain successfully compiled on my PC (Debian 6.03) What do u all think about it?
It was just an Idea and now i need sum volunteers who knows in Theory or Practise how to Realise such project. And just in case it is Possible and sumone "knows" a concept of how to do it and would describe me how i could compile it, i would try cuz i think i got the proper Pc to do it but i dont know how to use the capabilities... :-P
Please let me know what u think about it....
And sorry for my propably bad english... im from germany hehe^^

greez Weizenkeim
[/quote]

Well idk how the source is for it but the same goes for all open source code, if you know how and are ready to spend alot of time on it then yes, it can be ported to libxenon. Just about anything open source can be ported but it all depends on your level of skill and dedication to the project, if you have that then go for it and see what you can come up with. ;)