Serial debug test results

Show us your projects you made with libXenon
UNIX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Serial debug test results

Post by UNIX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 am

Hello everyone!

I received my RS232 to TTL converter yesterday in the mail. As it stands, I do not have any solder, so resting the wires on top of the correct points, I was able to data from the console. XeLL reported the serial interface as a device, this information was displayed before the USB polling. The data I received from the console was hexidecimal values, I only get fragments of text but this is most likely because I did not solder the wires down yet.

I just wanted to quickly post these results, and also thank everyone who helped me correctly set up my interface. I am getting some solder today to connect the wires properly.
Moderator, LibXenon programmer, Java programmer.

Need help with something? Just ask! Before making a new thread please use the search function :)

Be sure to join us in IRC!
EFNET/#libxenon

Meluxe

Re: Serial debug test results

Post by Meluxe » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:31 am

Hey there,

what about making some pictures? Maybe sb will do a proper tutorial for this site in future?!

thanks for working on it ;)

tuxuser
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tuxuser » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:39 pm

[quote=""UNIX""] XeLL reported the serial interface as a device, this information was displayed before the USB polling.[/quote]
How's that possible?
XeLL does not output any additional info if you got a serial adapter soldered to the mainboard... it cant recognize it...

About the hex values.. which baudrate are you using.. and which image? Pure XeLL or a reb***er image?
I have no idea what I am doing but atleast I am trying

UNIX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by UNIX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Booting XeLLous from the nand, before USB polling it was printing a new line, I can't exactly remember what it was, all I remember was that it said something about CMD 12... I had never seen this up until now so I assumed it was because my serial adapter was attached... Anyway, I realised that my minicom settings were set to hexidecimal by default, which would explain why that's all I was receiving.
Moderator, LibXenon programmer, Java programmer.

Need help with something? Just ask! Before making a new thread please use the search function :)

Be sure to join us in IRC!
EFNET/#libxenon